BIBLE TEXT: Psalm 31: 17 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
- Shame and reproach are a negative force that disorganizes one's emotion, mental and spiritual well-being.
- It is a trial period of everyone under this state, it can be very painful to a point that one will attempt to take his or her life.
- Shame belongs to your enemies and not your portion.
- Shame is what sponsors mockery, pains and discomfort.
GOD HATE SHAME TO A POINTS HE DECLARED SEVERALLY IN HIS WORDS
1. Isaiah 61:7
7 For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.
2. Psalm 109:28-29.
28 Let them curse, but bless thou: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice.
29 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.
WHAT IS SHAME?
- Everything in your life that is against the glory of God is shame.
- Shame is the opposite of shame for instance Psalm 3:35
- Shame is an insult to your salvation because it does not glorify God in any way.
WAY OUT OF SHAME AND REPROACH
- You must do away with sin because the word of God in Proverbs 14:34 says..Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.
- Read and allow the word of God dwell in you always so that you it can prosper in your life Joshua 1:8
- Live a life of Prayer and Fasting because stubborn issues and problems can only bow to prayer and fasting
Isaiah 58:6. 6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
- Learn and be a worshiper i.e give your life in worship of God .